Respiratory Homecare Solutions (RHS Canada) is an accredited, Canadian health care company that delivers premium health care services to treat sleep apnea and oxygen patients. RHS offers patient education, sleep apnea testing, CPAP treatment, long-term support and home oxygen therapy. We strive to exceed expectations and support our patients to change their lives for the better.
RHS Canada is currently recruiting for a Casual / On-Call Registered Respiratory Therapist to cover the Edmonton, AB offices. We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our passionate local team.
This role is primarily responsible for assisting and managing clients with a wide range of respiratory disorders. This includes ensuring their health care needs are met and appropriate respiratory therapies are provided and provincial funding is in place where required.
Please Note: This position is casual / On-Call.
• Assess clients, perform new oxygen and respiratory equipment starts
• Provide equipment as per physician orders
• Plan daily and weekly servicing, set ups and in-house work around existing schedules
• Ensure up-to-date servicing, maintain client oxygen authorizations and funding as per provincial regulations
• Ensure that all contact with clients is accurately charted in a timely manner
• Provide client education and training on safety related issues as part of delivery of service for all clients
• Provide troubleshooting with medical devices
• Participate in the regular on-call schedule
• Responsible to help create and maintain a safe and healthful work environment
• Other duties as required
• Enrolled in or graduate of an Accredited School of Respiratory Therapy is required
• Current CARTA registrations are required
• Current Basic Rescuer CPR and First Aid Training an asset
• Knowledge of how to operate and troubleshoot the following equipment: OCD’s, Flow Regulators, CPAP/BPAP devices, Portable Oxygen Concentrators, Humidity and Nebulization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to work under pressure & multitask
• Ability to travel to various locations
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal, reliable vehicle for business use
• Ability to lift up to 65 lbs on an occasional basis
• Ability to work on-call schedule
At RHS Canada we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, educational and career opportunities, and of course, a fun work culture! Join our team and experience all RHS Canada has to offer!
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
RHS Canada provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.