Respiratory Homecare Solutions
Respiratory Homecare Solutions (RHS Canada) is an accredited, Canadian health care company that delivers premium health care services to treat sleep apnea and oxygen patients. RHS offers patient education, sleep apnea testing, CPAP treatment, long-term support and home oxygen therapy. We strive to exceed expectations and support our patients to change their lives for the better.
RHS Canada is currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse to cover the Port Alberni, BC. We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our passionate local team.
- Assessing and setting up clients on CPAP & Bi-Pap therapy
- Educate clients on their condition and their prescribed therapy and follow-up with clients as needed
- Fit clients with appropriate mask interfaces and CPAP units for home use
- Setting up, explaining and downloading various sleep diagnostic devices such as Apnea Links
- Maintain and adhere to all EMR charting policies
- Provide troubleshooting with medical devices
- Assist in training of new Sleep Therapist employees if required
- Assess clients, perform new oxygen and respiratory equipment starts
- Provide equipment as per physician orders
- Plan daily and weekly servicing, set ups and in-house work around existing schedules
- Ensure up-to-date servicing, maintain client oxygen authorizations and funding as per provincial regulations
- Participate in on-call schedule where applicable
- Ensure that all contact with clients is accurately charted in a timely manner
- Provide client education and training on safety related issues as part of delivery of service for all clients
- Responsible to help create and maintain a safe and healthful work environment
- Other duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Must have a valid provincial Driver’s License
- Strong understanding of insurance and payment procedures such as BC Ministry rules and policies, as well as extended health benefits
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift and carrying up to 55 lbs unassisted
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Respiratory Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with the provincial regulatory body for Respiratory Therapists or equivalent
- Current Basic Rescuer CPR and First Aid Training
At RHS Canada we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, educational and career opportunities, and of course, a fun work culture! Join our team and experience all RHS Canada has to offer!
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
RHS Canada provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.